Friday, December 20, 2013

Comic reviews!

Hell I haven't done these in a long time.  Here goes nothing.
Spoilers ahead for the following:





This week I got Wonder Woman 26, Supergirl 26, X-Men 8, Catclysm Ultimate Spider-Man 2, Revival 16, Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion 3 and Harley Quinn 1.

Wonder Woman wins cover of the week, easily.  Not because I'm a perv, but because it's an intelligent, creative piece of design.  I am really enjoying this book now.  It's one of the better/best DC comics.

Supergirl 26
Sexy Lobo turns up and fights Supergirl.  I enjoy Sexy Lobo far more than I do Supergirl. Le sigh.  This is kind of a bog standard beat 'em up issue.  Kara's character moments are dull.  The art is alright though.  2/5.

X-Men 8
Now this is how you do a fun comic.  This is engaging and bright and genuinely enjoyable to read.  It's usually flipping stylish too - check out Storm's mohawk and Rachel's look.  It does lose points for featuring a character with probably the worst outfit ever, Typhoid Mary:


Catclysm Ultimate Spider-Man 2
This was good.  I loathed this version of Cloak and Dagger in the final issues of Ultimate Spidey, but in this mini they are better.  probably because we don't go into their new silly backstory.  The exploding girl is a great addition too.  I wish I remembered character names.  I want to call her Boom Boom.  She reminds me of the blonde explodey one from Nextwave, but younger and cooler.


Revival 16
I haven't got a bloody clue what's going on in this.  There's lots of detective work and the two sister skeepign secrets form each other, and a sack of exploding cow innards.  I don't know.  I still liked it though.

Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion 3
This is flipping good.  Even if I decide to sell the main Forever Evil series I reckon I'll keep this.  I have a soft spot for the Rogues.

Harley Quinn 1
This was great.  Notable mostly for Harley gaining a talking beaver and for rescuing an abused dog.  Well done DC.

No comments: